Saturday, September 25, 2010

Review of God’s Promises for Women of Faith, by Women of Faith, Thomas Nelson, Publisher.

God’s Promises for Women of Faith is a little pocket-size devotional book full of scripture concerning God’s promises and encouragement.  It is broken down into twelve main headings with four to six sub-headings.  It includes topics like, “God’s Plan for Women,” “God Teaches Women to Walk in His Word,” “ Dynamic Women of Faith,”  and God’s Plan of Salvation.”  Since it is written strictly from scripture, it is a great resource to have on hand when particular problems or struggles arise, or for simply daily readings for spiritual growth and encouragement. 
I admit I am a little confused about the title, because the scriptures contained in this book are not gender-specific.  This book could easily be,   “God’s Promises for People of Faith.”  The section on “Dynamic Women of Faith” is the only part that I felt was directly for women. 
I would recommend this book for daily devotions or for a nice gift book for a friend who is struggling with daily challenges or for a new Christian. 

I was provided a complementary copy of this book from the publisher through http:BookSneeze.com.  The review is my opinion of the book.  I was not required to write a positive review, only my true opinion.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the
Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. 

No comments:

Post a Comment