Sunday, November 14, 2010

Them 'Ol Cotton Fields Back Home

                                                      The cotton is ready for pickin'!
                        I don't know why, but there's something so soothing and stirring to me when I see the fields full of cotton.  Guess this is Florida's "snow fields."  It also remindes me of hard-working people of old who lived off the land and built this country with Christian values. 

I was looking through some old recipes of my mother's and found a little book with some of her handwritten recipes.  I thought how special it would be to have a magnet with her handwritten recipes for pie crusts and homemade bread, especially during the holidays to remind me of her and her love of family.  These will be nice to share with family guests at Thanksgiving and Christmas too!

2 comments: